One of the most accurate methods to model soil is using 3D volumetric ﬁnite elements. This, however, requires a vast number of elements, and in many cases, it exceeds the number of structural elements, which is the structural engineer's main interest.
In this webinar, you will learn about the Half-Space theory and how to overcome problems when modeling soil as 3D volumetric finite elements or even considering the Winkler assumption.
With the Half-Space program module, a sub-structuring technique is adopted. The structure will be represented using standard ﬁnite elements, while the soil will be modeled semi-analytically using the Half-Space Theory.
Online advanced training on the Half-Space Analysis module in two online sessions according to the Agenda below.
- 1st session is a 2 hour long recorded video presentation.
- 2nd session is a 1 hour long live Q&A session with the presenter and the program author.
- The price is 49, - € + VAT.
Part 1: 12.05.2021 10:00-12:00 CET
Part 2: Q&A Session 14.05.2021 10:00-11:00 CET
Since the content of the webinar is a recorded video please login on time. The webinar begins precisely at 10:00 AM.
After having registered for the course, you will receive a confirmation email with the registration link to the GoToWebinar session. Please register again for the online training via this link. Before the second Q&A session, we will send you a forthcoming email with the necessary access data.
- There is no need for a SOFiSTiK license to participate in the webinar. It is a lecture type, of course, the participants do not need to work simultaneously with the presenter.
- The successfully registered users can review the webinar and the forthcoming Q&A session at any time for 30 more days after the webinar. Though a download of the webinar or the Q&A session is not possible.
- For an additional 49, - € + VAT the webinar and the Q&A session can be downloaded.
Introduction to the Webinar
- What are the possibilities to model the static soil-structure interaction?
- The Winkler Approach
- The 3D Finite Element Approach
- What is the Half-Space Technique and why to use it?
- Theoretical Background
The Stiffness Coefficient Method
The Method of Non-Linear Residual Force Iteration
Soil Bore Profile Definition
Interpolation of Bore Profiles
Stresses in the Half-Space
Strains and Displacemtns in the Half-Space
Method according Bussinesque
Creating Half-Space Stiffness Matrix
Piles in the Half-Space
49.- EUR + VAT. SPECIAL OFFER
Should you have any further questions regarding the training please send an email to email@example.com.